As part of our mission as both a hospital and a designated Trauma Center, John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek provides injury prevention education and services. Since 1992, we have collaborated with community partners such as schools, law enforcement, and fire protection services. Our current efforts focus on the most common cause of traumatic injury to Contra Costa children and teens: motor vehicle collisions.
Our services include:
- Child Passenger Safety Program
- Primary and secondary street violence prevention
- School-based presentations
- Personalized injury risk assessments
- Medication education for seniors to help prevent falls
- Public policy advocacy