John Muir Health professionals are available to speak about health-related topics at your worksite. These presentations have been shown to increase not only employees’ knowledge, but also their willingness to change their behavior. Our lectures have helped employers address serious workplace safety and morale issues.
One employer came to us when a change in work shifts led to sleep deprivation problems for janitorial staff. We quickly coordinated a sleep health presentation by one of our physicians. The physician presented information that helped employees make healthy changes in their routines, reducing the number of worksite injuries.
Speakers include John Muir Health doctors, nurses, therapists, certified health educators, registered dietitians, and fitness specialists. We schedule presentations at the times most convenient for your employees, helping to maximize attendance.
All of your seminars are very informative. Love them and wouldn't miss one.
– Sarah, Concord
What to Consider
Whether you have a workplace safety issue or simply want your employees to be better informed about their health, we work with you to identify goals, timing, and budget, and then suggest a presentation tailored to your needs.
Here are some key factors to consider before scheduling a lecture:
- Goal of the presentation: Do you want to provide general health education or address a specific problem, such as an increase in injuries or a certain illness?
- Date: We’ve helped many employers on an urgent basis, but a three-month lead time is preferred.
- Budget: Fees for presentations depend on location, number of participants, and speaker expertise.
Below are some popular topics we cover. We also develop custom-tailored lectures based on your needs.
- How to Improve Your Health Odds: The Lifestyle Connection
- Memory and Brain Health
- Keeping Your Blood Pressure Low
- Healthy Fast Food: Clever Marketing or Reality?
- Nutrition Basics
- Diet Comparison and Diet Myths
- Body Composition: The Fat Facts
- Exercise for Beginners: How to Get Started
- Preventing Sports Injuries
- Managing Stress Before it Manages You
- Stretching: The Gateway to Complete Relaxation
- Just Relax: Practical Relaxation Techniques
Occupational Health and Safety
- How to Care for Your Aching Back
- Blood-borne Pathogen Training
- CPR/First Aid/AED Training
To learn more about John Muir Health’s corporate health programs, please contact us or call (925) 941-4031.