Classes, Screenings & Support Groups
Parent Project® Sr.
The Parent Project® Sr. is a 10-week course for parents of strong-willed teens. This nationally recognized program has helped hundreds of families in our area. It is designed for any care provider dealing with serious adolescent acting-out or other behavior challenges. Over the course of ten weeks, you’ll learn effective parenting skills and get the support you need.
Parents who attend this course will learn how to:
- Restore love and unity to your family
- Improve the self-esteem of your teen
- Improve school performance and attendance
- Identify & intervene with drug and alcohol use
- Confront problematic behaviors without arguing
- Reduce family conflict and improve family relationships
- Actively deal with negative peer associations and/or gang involvement
- Effectively respond to threatening, destructive and assaultive behaviors
- Learn how to adequately provide supervision and discipline
- Learn the importance of structure and maintaining consistency
- Effectively respond to the adult child still dependent on their parents
- Improve communication skills within the entire family
- Respond accordingly to positive and negative choices
- Learn how to give and receive support from others
If you have any specific questions for the instructor please feel free to call Jean Mirando, 925-588-4572.
Refund & Class Re-Schedule Policy
No refunds for classes. Payment required at time of registration. Every effort will be made to reschedule participants into desired class. A $20.00 reschedule fee will apply for changes. Classes may be canceled due to ill instructor or low enrollment.
(* some exclusions may apply)