When you enter your doctor’s provider ID on your Blue Shield of California HMO enrollment form, please make sure it corresponds with the John Muir Physician Network to ensure your access to all John Muir Health services, including our specialists, hospitals, Urgent Care Centers, additional medical services, and health education and wellness programs.
Here is a step-by-step process for finding your doctor’s John Muir Physician Network ID on the blueshieldca.com web site:
- Once you've selected your John Muir Health doctor, visit blueshieldca.com/*. On the home page, you will see a headline that reads, “I need to find a provider.” Click the doctor hyperlink found in the text underneath the headline. Do not click on the Find a Provider Now button. If you do, you will not be able to Search Your Doctor by Name.
- On the Find a Provider page, scroll down until you see search by doctor name. Enter your chosen doctor’s name, then scroll down further until you see “Located Near” and enter your doctor’s office location then click Find Now. Ignore the other fields on the page as filling them in often produces error messages when you click the Find Now button.
- A pop-up window will appear. Unless you’re already a member, click the big green Continue button.
- On the Doctor Results page, your doctor’s name will appear. If your doctor is listed with multiple medical groups, be sure click the listing associated with the John Muir Physician Network.
- You will find the provider ID number listed under the Information headline on the doctor’s page. Please use that number when filling out your Blue Shield of California enrollment form.