Most residents meet one or more of the following conditions:
- No longer have detox symptoms or medical complications but require structure 24 hours a day to apply specific coping skills and avoid relapse
- Need a clean and sober living environment in early recovery
- Have been unable to maintain sobriety in an outpatient environment
- Have been mandated by an Employee Assistance Program, employer, or court to complete residential treatment
- Live too far from our Behavioral Health Center to commute to daily treatment activities, or cannot drive
Our treatment program is structured and rigorous. Residents participate in the partial hospitalization treatment program during the day and specialized evening programs at night. These include attendance at community 12-step meetings, where patients are encouraged to get a sponsor, as well as exercise activities, meditation, and house meetings.
Family members are encouraged to attend our family program on Saturday mornings. Individual family sessions are also available.
Our treatment philosophy relies on the disease concept to understand chemical dependency and promote abstinence. We focus on relapse prevention and behavior modification through group and individual therapies, as well as many educational groups. All therapeutic services are provided by certified/licensed counselors.
The residential program is directed by an American Society of Addiction Medicine–certified MD. Psychiatric assessment is also offered by our program psychiatrist, who specializes in dual diagnosis. Patients directly admitted to the program complete a history and physical within 72 hours of admission. Discharge planning is included in the initial treatment plan.
Our recovery residence is located near the Behavioral Health Center, so residents can easily walk or take a shuttle to treatment activities. Males and females are accommodated in two separate wings of the facility. An overnight counselor is on site to provide supervision. All meals are served at the Behavioral Health Center, and snacks are available at the residence.
All patients are oriented at the time of admission regarding the policy of random and for-cause drug screens. Patients under the influence are immediately removed from the residential program and assessed for an appropriate level of care.
To learn more about the residential program for adults, please call (925) 674-4100.