Referrals are accepted from physicians, discharge planners, case managers and healthcare organizations. Upon receipt of a referral a screening is conducted to determine qualifications for admission to the Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit.
Admission considerations include:
- Appropriate diagnosis
- Monitoring and medical management by a rehabilitation physician required
- 24-hour rehabilitation nursing care needed
- Skilled physical therapy, occupational therapy, and/or speech-language pathology needed
- Sufficient cognitive ability and endurance to benefit from an intensive therapy program
- Discharge plan to a community setting
- Insurance pre-authorization is usually necessary
To make a referral or for additional information, please contact the referral development coordinator at (925) 947-5252.