John Muir Health professionals are available to speak about health-related topics at your worksite. These presentations have been shown to increase not only employees’ knowledge, but also their willingness to change their behavior. Our seminars have helped employers address serious workplace safety and morale issues.
One employer came to us when a change in work shifts led to sleep deprivation problems for janitorial staff. We quickly coordinated a sleep health presentation by one of our physicians. The physician presented information that helped employees make healthy changes in their routines, reducing the number of worksite injuries.
Speakers include John Muir Health doctors, nurses, therapists, certified health educators, registered dietitians, and fitness specialists. We schedule presentations at the times most convenient for your employees, helping to maximize attendance.
All of your seminars are very informative. Love them and wouldn't miss one.
– Sarah, Concord
What to Consider
Whether you have a workplace safety issue or simply want your employees to be better informed about their health, we work with you to identify goals, timing, and budget, and then suggest a presentation tailored to your needs.
Here are some key factors to consider before scheduling a seminar:
- Goal of the presentation: Do you want to provide general health education or address a specific problem, such as an increase in injuries or a certain illness?
- Date: We’ve helped many employers on an urgent basis, but a three-month lead time is preferred.
- Budget: Fees for seminars depend on location, number of participants, and speaker expertise.
Below are some popular topics we cover. We also develop custom-tailored seminars based on your needs.
The Aging Adult Series *NEW*
- Advanced Healthcare Directives
- Arthritis 101 *NEW* Presented by JMH Rheumatology
- Caring for Your Loved One: Caring for Yourself
- Nutrition Tips to Protect Your Brain from Aging
- Medicare 101/Turning 65
- Reverse and Prevent Osteoporosis
- Easing Inflammation
- Eat Healthy on a Budget *NEW*
- Healthy Cooking Habits *NEW*
- Healthy Eating on the Run
- Healthy Grocery Shopping *NEW*
- Healthy Gut, Healthy You
- Nutrition Prescription to Reduce Stress *NEW*
- Nutrition Tips to Increase Metabolism
- Reverse the Metabolic Syndrome
- Sugar Shock
- Taming Your Cravings
- Back Health Care at Work
- Basics of Heart Rate Training
- Better Posture Workout
- Fitting Fitness In
- HIIT It: High Intensity Interval Training Basics
- Injury Prevention for the Recreationally Active
- Adult *Presented by JMH Sports Medicine*
- Improve Fitness With Your Tracking Device
- Mobility and Flexibility
- Stretch at Your Desk
- The Importance of Core Stability and Balance
Mind & Body Awareness
- Banishing the Blues
- Discover the Mind/Body Connection
- Managing and Conquering Anger and Frustration
- Managing Insomnia
- Mindful Eating *NEW*
- Successfully Navigating Life’s Changes
- Understanding and Managing
- Allergies and You *Presented by JMH Allergy & Immunology*
- Breast Health & Cancer Genetics *NEW* Presented by JMH Oncology
- Cardiovascular Health *Presented by JMH Cardiology*
- Diabetes Workshop: The Basics *NEW*
- Gastroenterology Fundamentals *Presented by JMH Gastroenterology*
- Health, Happiness, and Gratitude *NEW*
- Keeping Your Kids Healthy *NEW*
- Maximize Your Energy
- The Power of Planning Ahead *NEW*
To learn more about John Muir Health’s worksite wellness programs, please contact us or call (925) 941-4031.