John Muir Health professionals are available to speak about health-related topics at your worksite. These presentations have been shown to increase not only employees’ knowledge, but also their willingness to change their behavior. Our seminars have helped employers address serious workplace safety and morale issues. Speakers include John Muir Health doctors, nurses, therapists, certified health educators, registered dietitians, and fitness specialist. We schedule presentations at the times most convenient for your employees, helping maximize attendance.
One employer came to us when a change in work shifts led to sleep deprivation problems for janitorial staff. We quickly coordinated a sleep health presentation by one of our physicians. The physician presented information that helped employees make healthy changes in their routines, reducing the number of worksite injuries.
Speakers include John Muir Health doctors, nurses, therapists, certified health educators, registered dietitians, and fitness specialists. We schedule presentations at the times most convenient for your employees, helping to maximize attendance.
All of your seminars are very informative. Love them and wouldn't miss one.
– Sarah, Concord
What to Consider
Whether you have a workplace safety issue or simply want your employees to be better informed about their health, we work with you to identify goals, timing, and budget, and then suggest a presentation tailored to your needs.
Here are some key factors to consider before scheduling a seminar:
- Goal of the presentation: Do you want to provide general health education or address a specific problem, such as an increase in injuries or a certain illness?
- Date: We’ve helped many employers on an urgent basis, but a three-month lead time is preferred.
- Budget: Fees for seminars depend on location, number of participants, and speaker expertise.
Below are some popular topics we cover. We also develop custom-tailored seminars based on your needs.
- Age Proof Your Skin
- Balance Your Blood Sugar
- Easing Inflammation
- Eat Like a Mediterranean to Protect You from Disease and Add Years to your Life
- Food for Thought: Smart Nutrition Tips to Protect Your Brain from Aging
- Get Leaner and Stronger
- Healthy Eating on the Run
- Holiday Survival
- Natural Transitions Through Nutrition and Lifestyle
- Nutrition Tips to Increase Metabolism
- Quick and Healthy Meals with Trader Joe’s and Costco $$
- Reverse and Prevent Osteoporosis
- Reverse the Metabolic Syndrome
- Sugar Shock
- Your Gut Health for a Strong Immune System
- Back Health Care at Work
- Basics of Heart Rate Training
- Beat the Heat Before it Beats You
- Better Posture Workout
- Fitting Fitness In
- HIIT It: High Intensity Interval Training -CrossFit, What's the Big Deal?
- Injury Prevention for the Recreationally Active Adult *NEW* Presented by JMH Sports Medicine
- Introduction to Boot Camp
- Improve Fitness With Your Tracking Device
- Stretching for Flexibility and Relaxation
- Mobility and Flexibility
- Personal Training Basics; Goals and Expectations
- Stretch at Your Desk
- The Importance of Core Stability and Balance
Mind & Body Awareness
- Banishing the Blues
- Coping with Holiday Stress and Blues
- Discover the Mind/Body Connection
- Managing and Conquering Anger and Frustration
- Managing Insomnia
- Successfully Navigating Life’s Changes
- Understanding and Managing Anxiety
- Wonders of Guided Imagery
- Advanced Healthcare Directives
- Allergies and You *NEW* Presented by JMH Allergy & Immunology
- Cardiovascular Health *NEW* Presented by JMH Cardiologist
- Caring for Your Loved One: Caring for Yourself
- How to Improve Your Health Odds: The Lifestyle Connection
- Keeping Your Blood Pressure Low
- Maximizing Your Energy
- Medicare 101
To learn more about John Muir Health’s corporate health programs, please contact us or call (925) 941-4031.