Orthopedic trauma surgery
Designated as a Level II Trauma Center, John Muir Health offers outstanding rapid response care and surgical interventions by leading fellowship-trained trauma surgeons.
Our surgeons offer operative and non-operative management for virtually all types of spinal disorders— from spinal stenosis and degenerative conditions to spinal trauma, infection and tumors.
- Management of infected joint replacement
- Microdiscectomy/minimally invasive discectomy
- Laminectomy, laminoplasty, foraminotomy
- Cervical and lumbar total disc replacement
- Spine stabilization and fusion
- Motion-preservation techniques
- Minimally invasive surgery (MIS)
- Cancer reconstruction
- Complex spine reconstruction
- Spine injections (epidurals, facet injections, nerve blocks)
- Spinal cord stimulators
Total joint replacement surgery
Our surgeons work with you and your patient to determine which procedure will ensure minimal pain, faster healing and a quicker recovery.
- Minimally invasive, traditional approach
- Revision hip and knee replacement, including and reconstruction/revision procedures revision of failed replacements
- for the hip, knee and shoulder
- Comprehensive management of osteonecrosis Anterior hip replacement/hip resurfacing
- Management of massive bone loss
- State-of-the-art technology and surgical implants
Upper extremity/shoulder/ elbow/hand surgery
Our orthopedic surgeons are board-certified and specially trained to provide treatment for our patients with common and complex disorders of the hand and upper extremities. Surgical procedures may include arthroscopy, microsurgery and joint replacement of the hand, elbow, wrist and shoulder, as a result of injury or chronic debilitative conditions.
Utilizing the most innovative, technologically advanced surgical procedures for lower extremity deformities, sports injuries and degenerative conditions, our surgeons have advanced training in forefoot, hindfoot and ankle reconstructive surgery.
For Urgent Transfer of a Patient
For urgent transfer of a patient to John Muir Health’s Orthopedics Services, call the Transfer Center at (925) 947-4488. Air transport is available to both our campuses and, if needed, will be arranged by the Transfer Center.
For more information about our orthopedics services and our physicians, call (925) 941-5010.