When you enter your doctor’s provider ID on your Anthem Blue Cross HMO enrollment form, please make sure it corresponds with the John Muir Physician Network to ensure your access to all John Muir Health services, including our specialists, hospitals, Urgent Care Centers, additional medical services, and health education and wellness programs.
Here is a step-by-step process for finding your doctor’s John Muir Physician Network ID on the Anthem.com web site:
- Once you've selected your John Muir Health doctor, visit Anthem.com/ca* and click on Find a Doctor on the right side of the page.
- Select Medical Doctors – California on the new page.
- On the new page, enter your member number if you’re an existing member. Otherwise, click Next under New Member & Visitor Search.
- On the ProviderFinder page, click Search by Name in the upper-right side of the page. Then, in the required field and pulldown menus:
• Last or Facility Name: Enter your chosen doctor’s last name
• Select a Plan Type: Your plan type
• Select a Plan: The exact name of your plan
• Type of Provider Type: Primary Care Physician
• Select a Specialty: No Preference
Then click Search Now.
- On the Search Results page, click on your physician’s name.
- On the doctor’s detail page, you’ll find the provider ID number listed as PCP ID/Enrollment ID next to the Medical Group/IPA Affiliation label. If your doctor is a member of multiple medical groups, please be sure to use the provider ID number associated with John Muir Physician Network when filling out your Anthem Blue Cross enrollment form.