When you enter your doctor’s provider ID on your PacifiCare HMO enrollment form, please make sure it corresponds with the John Muir Physician Network to ensure your access to all John Muir Health services, including our specialists, hospitals, Urgent Care Centers, additional medical services, and health education and wellness programs.
Here is a step-by-step process for finding your doctor’s John Muir Physician Network ID on the pacificare.com web site:
- Once you've selected your John Muir Health doctor, visit pacificare.com*. In the Tools box located on the right side, click Find a Doctor.
- A new page will open with two drop down menus. Select “California” for both State of Residence and State to Search for Providers.
- On the new page, click the Search By Name tab. In the fields and dropdown menus, enter or select:
• Last or Facility Name: Your chosen doctor’s last name
• Choose a Plan or Service Type: Your HMO’s plan name
• Select Provider Type: Primary Care Physician
Then scroll down and click the Find Providers Now button.
- On the results page, click on your doctor’s name. The provider ID will be listed as the Enrollment ID # on the resulting Provider Detail page. If your doctor is a member of multiple medical groups, please be sure to use the provider ID associated with John Muir Physician Network when filling out your PacifiCare enrollment form.