Your Birth Experience, Based on Your Preferences
When you’re ready to deliver, we’re here to help you experience birth according to your wishes. Be sure to let your doctor know about your birth preferences early in your third trimester and be sure to also bring a copy of your birth preferences with you when you check in to deliver. We’ll work hard to carry out your wishes, while never losing sight of the health and safety of you and your baby.
Your options may surprise you. For example, we specialize in helping mothers who’ve previously had a cesarean give birth vaginally. We welcome midwives, doulas and other support professionals you’d like to have present. We also offer a variety of pain control options that allow you to fully experience birth to the extent that you desire.
- Your baby is placed skin-to-skin right after birth
- Baby stays in the room with you to promote early bonding
- Your partner or support person (18 or older) may stay with you 24/7
- All of our nurses are trained in the latest breastfeeding techniques
- Our nurses will help you with your first latch and, as needed, throughout your stay
- Board-certified lactation consultants also available to help with complex issues
Level III NICU and Pediatric Specialists from Stanford Children’s Health
- Expert pediatric critical care for extremely premature and severely ill newborns
- Care by Stanford Children’s Health specialists right here, close to home and family