Pregnancy and New Parent Classes
You may be a new mom who has a lot of questions about childbirth and wants to know what to expect or you may have other children but have forgotten a few baby basics.
We offer a wide variety of pregnancy and new parenting classes, taught by registered nurses, board-certified lactation consultants and health educators with expertise in birth and childcare.
Be sure to sign up early, as some classes and groups fill early.
Register for classes online or call (925) 941-7900, and we’ll be happy to help you find a class or support group.
Breastfeeding and Lactation Services
Breast milk is the perfect beginning for your baby, as it:
- Contains just the right balance of proteins, fats, vitamins and carbohydrates
- Protects your baby against illness and infection
- Lessens the chance of your child becoming overweight
- Fosters a close emotional bond between you and your newborn
We’re Here to Help Ensure Your Success with Breastfeeding
We’re committed to help you and your baby with breastfeeding. We offer:
- Specially trained registered nurses to help you get started throughout your hospital stay
- Board-certified lactation consultants available for more challenging breastfeeding issues
- Private lactation appointments available, both during and after your stay
- A lactation support line to answer any breastfeeding questions you may have