Providing care can be stressful, emotionally draining work—and its demands can escalate quickly as your loved one’s condition changes.
Your Local Support Team
John Muir Health Senior Services provides information, education, and coordination for caregivers. If we don’t have what you need, chances are we can connect you to another local agency that does. Local resources are available for consumer and legal advice, transportation, health screenings, and health education programs. Call us at (925) 947-3300.
- Legal matters - Help protect your loved one’s wishes and assets.
- Housing options - Identify the type of facility best suited to your loved one’s current or expected needs.
- Choosing a nursing home - Help your loved one find the best facility.
- Hiring in-home help - Learn the difference between skilled and custodial care and get advice on finding the right caregiver.
- Working with a paid caregiver - Get the best Care for your loved one.
- Caregiving resources - Discover books and websites for in-depth information.
- Care recipient needs - Identify the activities your loved one needs help with.
- Home safety and security - Prevent falls and other accidents in your loved one’s home.
- Paid caregiver job description - List the expected duties and tasks for in-home caregiving help.
- Important personal information - Keep track of your loved one’s key financial, medical, and personal details in one document.