Geriatric Care Coordination
We have licensed and experienced social workers available to help with concerns related to aging, health, and care needs. If the older adult has a John Muir Health primary doctor, we will provide an assessment of all the factors affecting the older adult’s health and independence. We will communicate with the doctor and coordinate a care plan that supports the health and independence of the individual, couple or family.
We also provide information and connect you to resources and services in the community for the older adult and family. There is no fee for this service. Common concerns we address include:
- Dementia or signs of memory loss
- Elder neglect or abuse
- Caregiver concerns and support
- Decline in ability to care for oneself
- Loss of independence
- Falls and risks related to falls
- Frequent hospitalizations or emergency visits
- Depression, anxiety and other mental health conditions
- Loss, grief, bereavement and loneliness
- Unable to manage in current living situation
- End of life concerns
Our patient navigators are available to serve as your link for getting information about and coordinating your John Muir Health services. Our patient navigators also provide health education materials and assist with referrals to community resources for older adults, families, and caregivers.
Prescription Medication Assistance
We will review your financial and insurance information, and coordinate the application process with you and your doctor. For those who qualify, certain prescription medications may be free of charge. Find out more.
We offer wellness screenings throughout Central and East Contra Costa County. Call for schedule or appointments.
- Memory: We offer free memory screenings for adults 65 years or older who have a John Muir Health primary doctor and who are experiencing memory loss or mental changes. These screenings can help determine if your memory is working at a level that is typical for your age. Need a John Muir Health primary doctor? Find a doctor now.
- Blood Pressure: We offer free monthly screenings at several community sites on a drop-in basis. You do not need to have a John Muir Health doctor to come in for a screening. High blood pressure is known as a silent killer, which makes it very important that you know your numbers. Call us at (925) 947-3300 for schedule of locations and times.
HICAP – Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program
Our volunteer counselors are here to help you with Medicare and other health insurance issues. This program is co-sponsored by the California Department of Aging and the Contra Costa County Office on Aging. Call (925) 602-4168 to schedule an appointment.
Regularly scheduled educational seminars are offered on a variety of topics including health and wellness, caregiving, dementia, dementia, mature driving, memory, advanced directives and more. Most of the classes are free of charge and are available to all members of the community. View current list.
John Muir Health Outpatient Center, Walnut Creek
John Muir Health Outpatient Center, Tice Valley/Rossmoor
John Muir Health Outpatient Center, Brentwood
For questions about our services, call (925) 947-3300.