Our mission is to improve the health of the communities we serve with quality and compassion. John Muir Health community benefit programs are directed towards the following vision:
- All residents achieve and maintain optimal physical and mental health
- Children succeed in school and reach their full potential
- Residents are economically independent and have access to adequate, affordable housing
- Neighborhoods are safe
- Violence, discrimination, and injustice are eliminated
- The air and water are clean, safe, and sufficient
- Residents are civically engaged and connected to their community
Community Benefit Programs
Our community benefit programs must meet the following requirements:
- Consistent with our mission as a non profit organization
- Exemplify our John Muir Health values
- Address unmet community needs
- Support our most vulnerable residents with health education, prevention, early detection, and intervention services, while providing increased access and support to maintain an optimal quality of life.
- Maximize appropriate use of hospital and community services to support continuity of care for residents we serve.
How We Invest in Programs
John Muir Health makes its community benefit contributions through three avenues: the John Muir/Mt. Diablo Community Health Fund, the Community Health Alliance, and our Patient Financial Assistance program. This approach extends our reach by supporting community-based organizations and firmly connects our hospital and clinical expertise to community programs.