John Muir Health has doctors who specialize in sports medicine for people with injuries resulting from athletic activities. Our sports medicine and rehabilitation services include patient education, individualized care, and advanced treatment and rehabilitation choices to ensure the highest level of recovery and physical ability.
Exercise is an important part of maintaining your health. Exercise is good for you for a number of reasons:
- Helps you to maintain a healthy weight
- Lifts your mood
- Helps you sleep better
- Reduces your risk for diseases such as diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and cancer
But regular exercise can also result in injuries to muscles, bones, tendons, and ligaments. Sometimes injuries are acute or sudden, resulting from a strain, or they may be chronic, a consequence of repetitive training.
Common athletic injuries include:
- Ligament tears or sprains
- Muscle or tendon strains
Playing with pain can ruin your game. Whether you are a high school basketball player or a weekend warrior, our sports medicine program can help you get back to your game. At John Muir Health, our goal is to work with you to find the best treatment to help return you to your normal, active life.
- Doctors who specialize in sports medicine with training in the latest treatments to help you recover as quickly and painlessly as possible
- Experienced orthopedic surgeons recognized nationally for their expertise and focused on providing you with the best possible care
- Continuous care, from diagnosis and treatment through recovery and rehabilitation
- A physical therapy and rehabilitation program offering individualized treatment to help you meet your specific goals