Our spiritual support programs strive to serve the spiritual and religious needs of all patients, as well as their families and friends. In-house chaplains and community clergy are available to see patients every day and are on call at all times. We work with community religious leaders and trained lay visitors to provide the support you need.
You may want to request spiritual support if you are:
- Anxious, frightened, or upset about your health condition
- Facing bad news or a difficult decision
- Having trouble sorting out your feelings or thoughts
- Seeking answers to religious questions or someone to pray with
- In need of a religious sacrament or rite
- Grieving over a loss, especially due to illness or injury
- Facing life-changing issues or wondering about end-of-life issues
- Seeking appropriate support within your spiritual tradition
Each of our medical centers has its own spiritual support program: Pastoral Care Services (Walnut Creek) and Spiritual Care Services (Concord).