All durable medical equipment (DME) requires prior authorization to ensure that it is supplied by contracted providers. Before you accept equipment, please have your physician contact John Muir Health for authorization.
Your health plan is responsible for payment related to DME items and will not pay if items are obtained without authorization or from a non-contracted vendor.
Examples of DME include:
- TENS units
- Traction units
- Muscle stimulators
- Orthotics and prosthetics
- Insulin pumps and supplies
- Hearing aids
- Ostomy, urological, tracheostomy supplies
- Mastectomy bras and prosthetics
- Continuous passive motion rentals: Coverage is based on health plan benefit (have your physician contact us to confirm coverage)