The following suggestions will help you partner with your primary care physician and healthcare teams:
- Review the benefits and exclusions of your health plan coverage.
- Give your physician complete and accurate information about your health. Report any changes in your condition according to your physician's instructions.
- Try to be on time for all appointments. If you need to cancel or change an appointment, please notify your physican's office as far in advance as possible.
- If you don't understand something your physician has told you, let her know so she can clarify the matter.
- Try to follow the treatment plan you've developed and agreed upon with your physician.
- If you need care, even if it's after normal office hours, contact your primary care physician (or covering physician). In an emergency, call 911 instead.