Community Health Improvement coordinates the community benefit planning process for John Muir Health and acts as its liaison to the community.
- Conduct community assessments to identify unmet health needs
- Develop the annual community benefit plan based on community assessments and other health-related data and information
- Facilitate hospital staff activity in the community
- Bring together potential partners, including health care providers, public agencies, schools, religious leaders, community-based organizations, and other service organizations
- Develop collaborative solutions based on community needs
- Participate, where appropriate, in the implementation of community-based program solutions and provide direct services
- Evaluate community health initiatives