Whether you’re in school, retired, an empty-nester, new to the area, or even working full-time, you’ll find ways to serve your community through John Muir Health. Some volunteers work behind the scenes, while others interact directly with patients, visitors, staff, and doctors. We will help match you with a role that suits your interests and abilities.
In addition to personal satisfaction, volunteers may receive discounts on local products and services. Those interested in healthcare careers will gain valuable experience. After 100 hours of service, a reference may be provided.
We request a minimum commitment of six months or 100 hours. Volunteers are asked to serve at least three hours each or every other week. The application process may take six to eight weeks. Note that Caring Hands, Auxiliary and guild programs have different requirements.
- Must be a Contra Costa County resident. For Pleasanton Outpatient Center, applicants may be from Castro Valley, Dublin, Pleasanton, Livermore or Sunol.
- Submission of a complete volunteer application
- Satisfactory background check through Pre-employ.com
- Receipt of two acceptable references
- Proof of two negative TB tests, which we can provide for free
- Attendance at a group interview, orientation, and any required training
For more information about applying and volunteering, see the specific location or program that interests you!