Updated Mask Policy (Effective April 3, 2023)
As we have throughout the pandemic, we will continue to follow masking guidance from the California Department of Public Health and Contra Costa Health Services.
- Masking is recommended, but optional at most John Muir Health locations
- Masking is still required at our Behavioral Health Center Outpatient facility at 4080 Port Chicago Highway in Concord
- Patients and visitors may continue to wear a mask at any of our facilities. Masks are available at all John Muir Health locations
- Please respect everyone’s personal circumstances/choices – whether they choose to wear a mask or not unless it is required in a specific department or facility (4080 Port Chicago Highway)
- Patients with respiratory symptoms are required to wear a mask (and may be required to follow specific department or facility protocols such as onsite testing):
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Fever or
- Other symptoms of a viral infection
- Hospital visitors should not visit patients if they have any respiratory symptoms
- There will be signage on patient room doors and/or in departments when masking is required or recommended, such as with infectious patients, immunocompromised patients or patients at increased risk, group therapy sessions or at the patient’s request.
- Patients may request that their providers wear a mask. We want patients and their families to feel comfortable and safe in our health system.