Our children’s occupational therapists have expertise in child development and have been specially trained to work with children. We offer play-based, developmentally appropriate therapies to help your child reach his or her full potential—physically, cognitively, socially and emotionally. By partnering with you, as well as with your child’s other doctors and specialists, we’re able to create an individualized treatment plan, unique to your child’s needs.
Conditions We Treat
We help children with a wide range of developmental delay, learning, neurological, orthopedic, sensory integration and autistic spectrum diagnoses. Whether your child has a life-long, complex condition or has just suffered a sports-related or traumatic injury, we can help.
Many of the conditions we treat involve deficits with:
- Gross motor skills (large muscles, used for walking, jumping, throwing, etc.)
- Fine motor skills (small hand muscles, used for writing, buttoning, zipping, eating, etc.)
- Sensory integration / processing (difficulty synthesizing stimuli from the five senses)
- Visual motor / perceptual skills (such as missing subtle differences in shapes or printed letters)
- Motor planning skills (trouble planning smooth, coordinated movements, such as dyspraxia)
- Attention and self-regulation (includes distractibility disorders, such as ADHD, and hyperactivity)
- Basic self-care skills (unable to perform age-appropriate skills, such as dressing, bathing and eating)
- Feeding (not consuming enough food to thrive, often due to anatomical abnormalities such as cleft lip, but can also be a psychological aversion to eating or trouble accepting different food textures)
How To Receive Services
Talk to your child’s primary doctor or current specialist about getting a referral.