At John Muir Health we’re dedicated to improving the health of the communities we serve with quality and compassion. To do this, we need great doctors because they are on the front lines of treating and caring for our patients.
Located in Contra Costa County, John Muir Health is a preferred provider that offers a full range of outpatient and inpatient healthcare services in the San Francisco-Bay Area. Ranked by U. S. News and World Report as one of the nation’s top hospitals and designated a Level II Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons, we provide outstanding healthcare services throughout the region.
"John Muir Health has exceeded my expectations. Often times there is much uncertainty and fear coming out of residency or starting a new practice. John Muir Health made the transition smooth, providing me with the autonomy to expand my practice to become what I want it to be."
– Dr. Amber Yee
The doctors who affiliate with our network make up two distinct medical groups:
John Muir Medical Group
- Over 140 primary care physicians (family practice, internal medicine, and pediatrics), in 22 locations throughout Contra Costa County, serving over 200,000 patients
- Urgent Care Services at four locations
- Hospitalists (internal medicine) at both our hospitals, in Walnut Creek and Concord
Muir Medical Group IPA
- Over 200 primary care physicians, members in individual or small group private practices, located throughout Contra Costa County and parts of Alameda County
- The Muir Medical Group IPA also has 600 affiliated specialists