Residency Application and Matching
We will accept applications through the PhORCAS (Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service) as part of the ASHP Resident Matching Program. We will recruit for two PGY1 resident positions.
NMS code: 269813
Interested applicants may attend our open house at the Walnut Creek Medical Center on November 18th 2019, from 5-7 pm. Please RSVP to email@example.com by November 15th 2019.
Application and Interview Criteria
To be considered for the Pharmacy Residency, the candidate must complete the following:
- The deadline for applications is December 31, 2019
- Must be a graduate of an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy or otherwise eligible for licensure in California
- Must be registered in the ASHP Resident Matching Program
- Submit standardized application materials through PhORCAS
- Provide a cover letter describing your career goals, interests and the reasons you are considering our program. Be specific as to why our program is a good fit with your career goals and interests.
- We require three letters of recommendation, of these a minimum of two should be from a preceptor who you have worked with in a clinical setting during an acute or ambulatory care APPE. All reference letters should adhere to the standard PhORCAS template to submit the candidate recommendation.
- In addition, please submit a short video of yourself separately (uploaded to YouTube), send link to firstname.lastname@example.org that contains the following:
- The video must contain you speaking
- Introduce yourself – say your full name and pharmacy school
- Answer the question: "Describe a challenging situation that required you to reflect on your actions. What did you learn from the experience? What would you do differently?"
- Duration is 2 minutes or less. No more than 2 minutes please
- Email Subject: "Your Name – Residency Application Video"
The process involves rotating interview blocks with the residency program directory, preceptors, pharmacy administration, and a Hospital Tour.
PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Interview Dates:
- Tuesday, January 28rd, 2020
- Thursday, January 30th, 2020
- Tuesday, February 4th, 2020
- Thursday, February 6th, 2020
Salary and Benefits
Salary: $53,000 per year, paid twice monthly
Insurance: Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
Vacation, Sick and Professional Leave: Leave is accrued per pay period based on house paid, excluding overtime. Accrual begins on the first day of employment. Leave may be used to attend professional meetings, and for post-graduate or professional job interviews.
Travel Stipend: All residents are provided with a stipend to support travel, lodging and registration fees for the purposes of professional conferences. The amount of the travel stipend is determined each year and may not cover all travel expenses.