Residency Application and Matching
We will accept applications through the PhORCAS (Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service) as part of the ASHP Resident Matching Program. We will recruit for two PGY1 resident positions.
NMS code: 269813
Interested applicants may attend our open house at the Walnut Creek Medical Center on December 19th 2018, from 5-7 pm. Please RSVP to email@example.com by December 15th 2018.
Application and Interview Criteria
To be considered for the Pharmacy Residency, the candidate must complete the following:
- The deadline for applications is December 31, 2018
- Must be a graduate of an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy or otherwise eligible for licensure in California
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident – John Muir Health is unable to sponsor visas for pharmacy residents
- Must be registered in the ASHP Resident Matching Program
- Submit standardized application materials through PhORCAS
- Provide a cover letter describing your career goals, interests and the reasons you are considering our program. Be specific as to why our program is a good fit with your career goals and interests.
- We require three letters of recommendation, of these a minimum of two should be from a preceptor who you have worked with in a clinical setting during an acute or ambulatory care APPE. All reference letters should adhere to the standard PhORCAS template to submit the candidate recommendation.
- In addition, please submit a short video of yourself separately (e.g., cell phone video) to firstname.lastname@example.org that contains the following:
- The video must contain you speaking
- Introduce yourself – say your full name and pharmacy school
- Answer the question: "What made you choose pharmacy as your profession?"
- Optional: You can choose to include anything else you would like us to know about you
- Duration is 2 minutes or less. No more than 2 minutes please
- Email Subject: "Your Name – Residency Application Video"
The interview process involves one 45-minute panel interview, a 15-minute personal interview with the Residency Program Director, and a 30-minute hospital tour.
PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Interview Dates 2019:
- Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019
- Wednesday, January 30th, 2019
- Wednesday, February 6th, 2019
- Wednesday, February 13th, 2019
- Wednesday, February 20th, 2019
Salary and Benefits
Salary: $53,000 per year, paid bi-weekly
Vacation, Sick and Professional Leave: All residents will receive 10 days of paid vacation/sick leave, and 10 days of paid professional leave. Professional leave may be used to attend professional meetings, and for post-graduate or professional job interviews.
Insurance: Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
Travel Stipend: A stipend will be provided, amount TBD and may not cover all travel expenses