Mammography still the key to early detection
Mammography has been shown to have a significant impact on the early detection of breast cancer. The earlier breast cancer is found, the better the chances that treatment will work. Advances in digital imaging technology have led to even greater detection rates, particularly in women with dense breasts where traditional 2D mammography imaging may be inconclusive. Learn more
How To Schedule a Breast Screening
- Use MyJohnMuirHealth to schedule online by logging in and selecting Appointments > Schedule new appointment.
- Or, schedule a breast screening by calling our centralized scheduling center at (925) 952-2701.
- You or your doctor can also schedule at any of our locations by calling our centralized scheduling phone number (925) 952-2701 or fax number (925) 941-4065.
- Please note that all breast screens require a doctor's order. Need a doctor? Find a Doctor now.
- Contact your health insurance carrier directly to find out if this service is covered by your health plan.
Meet Your Breast Health Team
At John Muir Health we understand the importance in making an accurate diagnosis of breast cancer in its earliest stages, when it’s most treatable. In the event your care requires additional follow up, we’ve assembled a team of specialists who collaborate with each other and with you on each and every case. Specialists who listen and explain, and are with you every step of the way.