Prompt diagnosis and proper treatment are critical to successful outcomes. John Muir Health offers comprehensive, highly advanced, diagnostic imaging procedures that enable you to quickly assess, diagnose and treat your patients. Both our hospital programs have achieved accreditation by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission.
Non-invasive procedures available at both Walnut Creek and Concord medical centers:
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Signal averaged EKG
- Treadmill testing
- Pharmacologic and treadmill nuclear myocardial perfusion scan
- Treadmill and dobutamine stress echocardiography
- Tilt table testing
- Transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography
- Evaluation of dyspnea due to diastolic dysfunction
- Pulmonary hypertension assessment
- 3-D assessment of mitral valve for mitral regurgitation
- 3-D assessment of aortic valve for stenosis or regurgitation
- Echocardiography with definity contrast
- Echocardiography with agitated saline
- Holter monitoring for 48 hours to 14 days
- Coronary computed tomographic angiography (CCTA) is available in the emergency department and outpatient setting at our Concord medical center
Walnut Creek and Concord Medical Centers have earned the 2018 Get With The Guidelines® - Heart Failure Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award.
Hospitals receiving Get With The Guidelines® Gold Plus Achievement Award have reached an aggressive goal of treating patients with 85 percent or higher compliance to core standard levels of care as outlined by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association® for 2 consecutive calendar years. In addition, those hospitals have demonstrated 75 percent compliance to (four out of ten heart failure quality measures or seven out of ten stroke quality measures) during the 12-month period.
U.S. News & World Report Top Hospital
Since 2010, our hospitals have been included the annual list of America’s Best Hospitals, as well as rated as high-performing in Cardiology & Heart Surgery.
Concord Medical Center has demonstrated sustained achievement in ACTION Registry® for eight consecutive quarters and met high performance standards for specific heart attack performance measures to receive this 2018 award.
Concord Medical Center is recognized as Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care.
Becker's Healthcare, a leading source of news and information for health care leaders, recently named Concord Medical Center in their 2018 list of the "100 hospitals and health systems with great heart programs.” Concord Medical Center was one of only seven hospitals to receive this honor in Northern California and one of only three community hospitals to be recognized.
Concord Medical Center received a 2019 Quality Recognition from Healthgrades, ranking among America's Top 50 Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery. This represents the top 1% of hospitals in the United States. Healthgrades America’s Best Hospitals™ is based solely on clinical quality outcomes for 32 conditions and procedures. This premier distinction rewards hospitals that consistently exhibit exceptional, comprehensive quality care.
Walnut Creek and Concord Medical Center Echo labs are accredited by Inter-Societal Accreditation Commission