John Muir Health has a comprehensive orthopedic program for people experiencing hip or knee conditions resulting from trauma, illness, or injury.
Both of our medical centers are recognized by Blue Cross, Blue Shield of California as Centers of Excellence for hip and knee joint replacement surgeries. Our services include patient education, individualized care, and advanced treatment and reconstruction choices to ensure the highest level of independence and physical ability. Some of the most common hip and knee problems we treat include:
- Knee tendonitis
- Torn ligaments and cartilage
Surgeons at John Muir Health take a personal approach to your care. Our surgeons perform hip or knee replacement surgeries using state-of-the-art joint implants, minimally invasive techniques, and surgical navigation systems whenever possible to reduce discomfort and speed up recovery.
- Experienced, board-certified orthopedic surgeons recognized nationally for their expertise and focused on providing you with the best possible care, who specialize in state-of-the-art advanced technologies for joint replacement surgery
- Compassionate nurses with training in orthopedics — many who are orthopedic nurse certified — to help provide the individualized care, education, and support you need when you have a musculoskeletal condition or injury
- Continuous care, from diagnosis and treatment through recovery and rehabilitation, in comfortable, dedicated orthopedic and rehabilitation units
- Case managers to help you navigate your treatment and recovery
- A physical therapy and rehabilitation program offering individualized treatment to help you meet your specific goals
- Pre-surgery educational classes
Note: Designation as Blue Distinction Centers® means these facilities' overall experience and aggregate data met objective criteria established in collaboration with expert clinicians' and leading professional organizations' recommendations. Individual outcomes may vary. To find out which services are covered under your policy at any facilities, please call your local Anthem Blue Cross or Blue Shield of California Plan; and call your provider before making an appointment, to verify the most current information on its Network participation and Blue Distinction status. Neither Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association nor any of its Licensees are responsible for any damages, losses, or non-covered charges that may result from using Blue Distinction or other provider finder information or receiving care from a Blue Distinction or other provider. Blue Shield of California is an independent member of the Blue Shield Association.