Wound Care Services
Our professional staff is highly trained in the specialized comprehensive care of problem wounds, using the latest clinical tools and evidence-based practices in the science of wound care.
Treatment Tailored to Your Needs
Because every patient's wound is unique, you will have a thorough diagnostic exam to identify the type of wound you have and its underlying causes. Below are some of the types of wounds we treat:
- Pressure ulcers: pressure sore, pressure injury, bedsore, decubitus ulcer, skin ulcer
- Diabetic ulcers: neuropathic ulcer
- Traumatic wounds: acute wound, puncture, cut, sore
- Venous stasis ulcer & insufficiency: stasis ulcer, stasis dermatitis, varicose ulcer
- Surgical wounds
- Post-op infections
- Lower extremity arterial disease ulcers: ischemic ulcer, ischemic wound, peripheral artery disease ulcer, PAD ulcer
- Vasculitis: lymphangitis
- Peristomal skin irritation: ostomy skin complication, peristomal skin breakdown, ostomy problems, stoma complications
- Cellulitis with open wound
- Lymphatic obstruction ulcers: edema, lipedema, erysipelas
- Gangrene: wet gangrene, dry gangrene, gas gangrene, necrotizing fasciitis, Fournier gangrene
Follwoing diagnosis, we develop a personalized treatment plan based on the most effective approach, which may include one or more of the following:
Your Physician is Part of Our Team
The treatment we provide is designed to complement the care your own physician provides, ensuring that your health care team is always working together to provide the right treatment for you. Your physician is informed of your progress every step of the way.
As a courtesy to our patients, we will verify benefit information with your health insurance carrier. Please make sure that you provide us with the most up to date health insurance information so that we may correctly verify your eligibility and benefits. If you have any questions regarding your health insurance coverage, benefits, or payments, please contact your health insurance company or call our office.
For more information and to schedule an appointment:
- Phone (925) 945-6644
- Fax (925) 945-1923
No physician referral required
Awards & Recognition
John Muir Health has received the Center of Distinction Award from Healogics, Inc., the nation’s largest provider of advanced wound care services.
Healogics Center of Distinction - 2010, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Patient Satisfaction greater than or equal to 92%
- Healing rate greater than or equal to 91%
- Outlier rate less than or equal to 19%
- Median Days to Heal less than or equal to 30 days
Healogics Center of Excellence - 2017 and 2018
- Center of Excellence, benchmarked against over 700 wound care centers nationally.
- One of the highest awards that Healogics awards top performing centers
- Same criteria as Center of Distinction but has met criteria for 2 successive calendar years