Treatment Tailored to Your Needs
Because every patient's wound is unique, you will have a thorough diagnostic exam to identify the type of wound you have and its underlying causes. Below are the types of wounds we treat:
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Traumatic wounds
- Venous stasis ulcer & insufficiency
- Surgical wounds
- Post-op infections
- Lower extremity arterial disease ulcers
- Peristomal skin irritations
- Cellulitis with open wound
- Ulcers from lymphatic obstruction
Then, we develop a personalized program based on the most effective approach, which may include one or more of the following:
- Local wound debridement
- Specialized topical wound care
- Local edema control
- Local and systemic antimicrobial therapy
- Revascularization or angioplasty
- Recombinant growth therapy
- Cellular and/or tissue based dermal substitutes
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- Off loading and protection
- Nutritional & rehabilitation needs assessment
- Referral to a home health agency
- Referral to a skilled nursing facility
Your Physician is Part of Our Team
The treatment we provide is designed to complement the care your own physician provides, ensuring that your health care team is always working together to provide the right treatment for you. Your physician participates in developing your treatment plan and is informed of your progress every step of the way.
Many health care plans include wound treatment - check with your insurance provider to see what's covered. Bring your insurance card or membership information with you to your appointment.
Call (925) 945-6644 for more information and to schedule an appointment. No physician referral required.
Awards & Recognition
John Muir Health has received the Center of Distinction Award from Healogics, Inc., the nation’s largest provider of advanced wound care services.