Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer. You have a unique opportunity to assist with activity programming for patients in the acute psychiatric hospital.
John Muir Behavioral Health Acute Inpatient Psychiatric Hospital is located at 2740 Grant Street Concord.
- At least 20 years of age
- 2-year post-treatment recovery for mental health services.
- If in recovery from a substance, must have at least one year of continuous sobriety, if providing services to Addiction Medicine, must be actively involved in a 12-step or other community recovery organization.
- All volunteers are required to have supportive resources available to them while volunteering.
- Complete all application requirements.
- Complete the designated training period and be prepared to volunteer a minimum of 60 hours per year or 1.5 hours per week.
Essential Service Functions Include
- Supervision, and training, both individual and group, will be provided by the Expressive Arts/Recreation Therapy staff.
- Provides parallel goal of support by sharing experience, strength, and hope to improve connection to early recovery.
- Implement activities that are appropriate to individual and group needs after discussion and approval by Expressive Arts/Recreation Therapy Department staff and the supervising staff in the units.
- Communicates all pertinent observations to staff regularly.
- Utilizes supervision to enhance professional growth.
- Practices positive, respectful, and appropriate language. Has a helpful disposition and maintains cooperative working relationships.
- Receives no significant complaints.
- Practices and decisions reflect knowledge of all volunteer program philosophies, policies, and procedures.
- Remains compliant with all John Muir Behavioral Health Acute Inpatient Psychiatric Hospital orientation policies, including privacy and confidentiality policies.
- Adheres to all John Muir Health safety protocols.