Our dedicated and caring volunteers provide essential support and assistance to nursing and administrative staff, as well as directly to patients. With the medical center expansion the services of compassionate volunteers are greatly appreciated in our very busy facility.
A few examples of volunteer opportunities include:
- Assisting nursing staff with key duties on patient floors
- Providing support to patients’ loved ones at the Surgery desk
- Escorting patients and visitors to their destinations
- Providing information and directions to patients and visitors at various lobby and department locations
- Delivering flowers, cards, and newspapers to patients, or items from one department to another
- Providing important support to our busy emergency room/trauma center team
- Supporting ancillary patient-care departments
- Assisting in the Muir Galleria gift shop
- Providing assistance with Special Projects
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek, please call (925) 947-5358.