What Members Do
Auxiliary members may become involved in the following areas:
- Volunteer program: Volunteers serve at the Walnut Creek Medical Center as well as offsite facilities.
- Docent program: Docents are trained to give in-depth tours of the medical center and participate in teaching opportunities at local schools.
- Community outreach: Programs and projects such as the Wig Source serve the community.
- Fundraising/social events: Members raise funds for resources and special funds. Events include an annual golf tournament.
- Guilds: Smaller groups enable members to focus on more concentrated efforts, such as the Garret Thrift Shop.
- Garret Thrift Shop: This offsite resale shop in Walnut Creek sells high-quality clothing, unique used items, furniture, and antiques.
- Muir Galleria: Our gift shop at the Walnut Creek Medical Center sells flower arrangements, snacks, unique gift items, and more.
How to Join
All adult volunteers at the Walnut Creek Medical Center are invited to join the Auxiliary. To learn more about membership, call (925) 947-5358.
The Auxiliary offers selective scholarships to high school seniors who have volunteered at the Walnut Creek Medical Center. The administration and medical staff also contribute to the scholarship fund. Awards are based on academics, leadership, community service, and a desire to pursue a healthcare-related degree. For more information about the scholarship, please contact us.