Testing & Care for COVID-19
Updated May 18, 2022
- If you are a current John Muir Health patient and have a MyChart account, you may schedule a test appointment via your John Muir Health MyChart account. If you don’t have a MyChart account, you can also contact your primary care doctor for help with scheduling.
- You may also get tested at a local pharmacy or community testing site.
- Find out where to get a COVID-19 test in California.
- If you’re testing because you have symptoms or were potentially exposed to the virus, you should stay away from others pending test results, wear a mask and follow these Self-Isolation and Health Monitoring Instructions
What do I do if I am waiting for results of a COVID-19 test OR I have tested positive for COVID-19 OR I have had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
Please review these Self Isolation and Health Monitoring instructions and call your doctor if you have any questions.
- If you have mild or moderate symptoms, please call your primary care doctor. After hours or on weekends, please call one of our Urgent Care Centers.
- f you are experiencing severe symptoms, including breathing problems, go to the Emergency Department.
- Each health insurance plan has developed specific guidelines on how they will process and pay for your services for COVID-19 screening and treatment.
- It is best to contact your health insurance plan with the phone number listed on your insurance card for questions related to your coverage.
- See COVID-19 testing self-pay information.