Pediatric & Neonatal Transfer Center
Through our partnership with Stanford Medicine Children’s Health, John Muir Health offers expert pediatric specialty care for our community’s critically ill children—including transport and transfer services to our Walnut Creek Medical Center.
Our transfer center serves as a single, efficient access point for clinicians seeking inpatient consultations and transfer requests for patients with complex neonatal or pediatric disorders.
Our transfer team is here around the clock to support the referring clinician, ensuring that all options are explored and that the best decision possible is made for the patient.
Our Critical Care Transport Team
- 24/7 availability, 365 days a year
- Highly experienced, nurse-led pediatric transport team
- Transport by Registered Nurse (RN) / Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) teams
- Dedicated NORCAL ambulances, equipped with specialized pediatric technology
How to Request A Patient Transfer
Call 925-938-MUIR (6847) and provide the following:
- Referring hospital name, phone number and fax number
- Referring physician name and contact numbers
- Patient name, age and diagnosis
- Type of care requested (PICU, NICU or Acute Care Peds)
After acceptance, our transfer center team will work with you to arrange for the safest, most efficient transport modality.