Our commitment to the health of our patients and to our employees is a part of everything we do. At John Muir Health, taking care of the environment around us is as important as taking care of the people who walk through our doors.
To help promote a healthy environment, we offer a variety of benefits to encourage employees to choose alternative methods of transportation to and from work.
Recognized by the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U. S. Department of Transportation as one of the best commuter workplaces in the nation, our goal is to help reduce traffic and air pollution by providing employees with these benefits.
Commute Solutions Program
This program incorporates commute subsidy alternatives such as:
- Subsidized BART and bus tickets
- Subsidized carpool and vanpool programs
- Special parking considerations for carpools and vanpools
- John Muir Health Lyft business account service to and from the BART station for employees
- Incentives offered to employees taking commute alternatives
- Designated bike racks and lockers available for employees who choose to bike commute
- Employees are also eligible for partial reimbursement of other applicable commute-appropriate transit passes, such as:
- WHEELS from the Tri-Valley to Walnut Creek
- Solano BART Express from Vacaville, Fairfield, Vallejo and Benicia to BART and other transit options such as Amtrak
- BayLink from Vallejo/Benicia to BART and other transit options such as Amtrak
- Electric vehicle charging stations are available at most of our sites. ChargePoint and Semaconnect station charging is free for the first four hours, then $5.00 prorated per hour.