When you choose a John Muir Health doctor, you get access to all of our specialists, hospitals, Urgent Care Centers, and additional medical services, plus a broad range of health education and wellness programs.
When you choose an HMO plan, you must also select a medical group and a primary care physician (PCP) who belongs to that group. Many physicians belong to more than one medical group, so be careful to choose the appropriate group.
Making Your Choice
To choose a John Muir Health PCP, follow these easy steps:
- Find the doctor who's just right for you with our online Find a Doctor tool. You can search by name, location, and medical specialty, and then watch videos to get to know doctors.
- Use your insurance company's website to find the correct provider ID number for your preferred physician. Here's how
(make sure the ID number is for the John Muir Physician Network)
- Your HMO or employer will provide either a paper form or website to complete your enrollment. Fill in "John Muir Physician Network" and the doctor's name or write in the provider ID number on your enrollment form.
- After you receive your new ID card, make sure your medical group is John Muir Physician Network. If a different group is listed, call the health plan or your employer.
- Call the physician's office to schedule your first appointment.
Switching to John Muir Health When You Already Have an HMO
If you're already enrolled in an HMO plan and want to change to John Muir Physician Network, call your health plan's customer service department. The phone number is found on the back of your health plan ID card. Ask to be assigned to a doctor affiliated with John Muir Physician Network.
If you have questions, please call us at (925) 952-2887 or (844) 398-5376 or contact us
Customer service hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.