Awards & Recognition
Proven expertise for stroke, brain injury and trauma rehabilitation
We adhere to national standards and guidelines so you can be assured that all our patients receive the highest level of care to deliver the best results for long-term health. Awards and recognition we’ve received include:
A Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) is a hallmark of quality that meets internationally recognized standards. John Muir Health’s Rehabilitation Unit received a three-year Accreditation for:
- Hospital Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs, for both our Adult Program and our Children and Adolescent Program
- Hospital Inpatient Rehabilitation Program for our Stroke Specialty Program (Adults)
The Joint Commission
The Joint Commission, a nonprofit organization that accredits more than 19,000 healthcare organizations and programs in the United States, has awarded and accredited John Muir Health for the following:
- “Best Practice” distinction for our Brain Injury Program
- Primary Stroke Center Certification – John Muir Health’s Rehabilitation programs in both Walnut Creek and Concord were the first to receive this distinction in Contra Costa and Alameda Counties
- All John Muir Health’s Rehabilitation Services are accredited by The Joint Commission
Magnet® Recognition for Nursing
John Muir Health's hospitals are Magnet-designated.
Our Walnut Creek Medical Center is Contra Costa County’s only Level II Trauma Center, providing comprehensive trauma care 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Refer a Patient
To make a referral or for additional information, please contact the referral development coordinator at (925) 947-5252, Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.