Referrals are accepted from physicians, discharge planners, case managers and healthcare organizations. Upon receipt of a referral a screening is conducted to determine qualifications for admission to the Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit.
Admission considerations include:
- Appropriate diagnosis
- Monitoring and medical management by a rehabilitation physician required
- 24-hour rehabilitation nursing care needed
- Skilled physical therapy, occupational therapy, and/or speech-language pathology needed
- Sufficient cognitive ability and endurance to benefit from an intensive therapy program
- Discharge plan to a community setting
- Insurance pre-authorization is usually necessary
- Patient requiring intensive medical treatment not able to be provided by the program such as surgery or life supporting treatment.
- Patient is unable to participate or unwilling to participate in the required intensive therapy program.
- Patient is unable to be safely discharged to a community setting.
- Patient no longer requires daily medical management.
- Patient has made sufficient progress to be safely discharged to a community setting.
To make a referral or for additional information, please contact the referral development coordinator at (925) 947-5252, Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.