The compensation below is effective for the 2017-2018 school year.
PGY 1 - $65,624
PGY 2 - $68,905
PGY 3 - $72,350
Residents receive numerous benefits for the duration of their three-year training including:
- Housing allowance of $2,400, per academic year, is provided to residents
- Educational stipend up to $2,000 per academic year, is offered to residents for use of educational activity, such as conferences, self-study materials, books, etc.
- Relocation stipend up to $2,400 is available for eligible new hire residents.
- iPad for use during all three years of residency and to keep upon graduation
- Two embroidered lab coats furnished at the beginning of residency
- Meal vouchers which may be used in the hospital
- Paid time off, whether it be for vacation or illness
- Pre-tax insurance benefits, including health, dental, life, disability, and vision
- Retirement and post-retirement benefits, such as 403(b), pension, and other benefits
- Commute subsidies, for using BART, bus, carpool and vanpool programs
Beginning September 2017, we will accept applications for our Family Medicine Residency Program through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) ® only. Upon completion of the ERAS application, register for the match program through the National Resident Matching Program ® (NRMP) website and search for the program(s) you would like to match.